The Matrix slot is the official game for the 1999 film, and Playtech powers it. You may play from 50p per spin on all platforms with 5 reels and 50 paylines.
It has a Déjà Vu Shuffle feature with two wild reels and shuffling symbols and cinematic graphics and video from the film. The two free spins feature rewards you with more high-value Agent Smith symbols or infinite free spins with sticky wilds. In our review of The Matrix, see if you’re the one.
About The Matrix Slot Game
The Matrix slot machine has five reels, four rows, and fifty fixed paylines. Winning combos pay only from left to right, starting with the leftmost reel. To win, you’ll need 3, 4, or 5 matching symbols on any paylines.
Playable from 50p to £500 per spin, modify your bet using the plus and minus buttons in the Line Bet box. Some countries have an Autoplay feature that permits 99 auto-spins with a mandated overall loss limit. Autoplay can also be turned off after a single win or reaching the maximum prize.
The RTP of the Matrix is 95.14%. This is lower than the industry average of 96% for slots, but it is approximately average for a branded space. The variance is medium, and the regular game and extra features offer decent payouts.
The maximum win per spin is 500 times your total stake. This prize can be won on any spin, including free spins. The three additional features considerably improve your odds. The Matrix slot machine is based on the same-named science fiction action film from 1999. It was the first instalment in The Matrix film series, and it was a worldwide success, grossing over $460 million. It has won multiple awards and is regarded as one of its generation’s best science fiction films. The Matrix Reloaded and The Matrix Revolutions were released as a result.
The original film is depicted in the slot version. Actual footage from the film will be shown against a backdrop of computer code known as Matrix digital rain. The sound effects are also taken straight from the movie. It’s well designed and has a cinematic feel about it.
How To Play The Matrix Slot Online
The Matrix, unlike other online slot games, is simple to play.
- Log in to any online casino of your choice
- Select “The Matrix”
- Click on the “Options tab” from the drop-down menu to view your deposit balance.
- The “Coin Value” option can be used to adjust the coin’s size from 0.01 to 5. The maximum bet for a single spin is £100
- Select the “Spin Button” to spin the reels
Four pieces of code, sunglasses, telephones and three characters from the film appear on the reel: Trinity (Carrie-Anne Moss), Morpheus (Laurence Fishburne), and Agent Smith (played by Hugo Weaving). The highest paying symbol is Agent Smith, which pays 1.2, 3 or 5 times your total bet if you get 3, 4 or 5 of them in a row.
The Neo wild symbol (played by Keanu Reeves) is a code-style symbol that substitutes for all symbols except the free games scatter. For 3, 4, or 5 across a payline, the wild pays 2, 6, or 10 times the stake. In addition to the Free Games scatter, a black cat wild appears on reel 5 in the base game, and a Sentinel wild appears in one of the free spins features.
The high-paying symbols are innovative and artistically designed characters, while the low-paying symbols are Suit symbols. The symbols include:
- Code 1 – pays 10x, 15x, 50x your line bet
- Code 2 – pays 10x, 15x, 50x your line bet
- Code 3 – pays 20x, 30x, 75x your line bet
- Code 4 – pays 20x, 30x, 75x your line bet
- Telephone – pays 30x, 50x, 125x your line bet
- Sunglasses – pays 30x, 50x, 125x your line bet
- Trinity – pays 40x, 75x, 150x your line bet
- Morpheus – pays 50x, 125x, 200x your line bet
- Agent Smith – pays 60x, 150x, 250x your line bet
Wild symbols and free spins are featured in The Matrix online slot game, and they are responsible for a variety of in-game bonuses. Here are the special slot features in The Matrix:
- Déjà Vu Shuffle Bonus Feature: The Déjà vu Shuffle feature is triggered when the Black Cat wild symbols completely cover reel 5. After that, the wild reel copies itself on reel 1, giving you two fully wild reels. The remaining characters are then shuffled to create a better winning combination. This function is only available in the base game.
What Symbol Triggers The Matrix Slot Bonus Free Spins?
You’ll need to get three free spins icons to activate this extra. These can be found on the first, third, and fifth reels. When they land, you’ll see one of the most memorable scenes from the movies. Morpheus provides Now; he must choose between the blue (return to his previous life) and red (continue fighting) pills. After that, you’ll be taken to a screen where you may choose the free spins game you want to play. Here’s how it works:
- Agent Smith Free Spins: Another memorable sequence in the film was when Agent Smith kept reproducing in a battle scene early on. If you select the red option, you’ll get a bunch of these agent Smith symbols on the reels, triggering eight free spins with no retrigger. These can be used in conjunction with wild symbols to produce massive payouts.
- Nebuchadnezzar Free Spins: Here’s another film, this time with a bit more drama, in which machines are attacking the base with a lot of tentacles! The ‘Unlimited’ free spins bonus round is advertised. Of course, it has to come to an end at some point. You’ll be triggered when you obtain six machine wilds on the screen. These are sticky wilds, so getting 5 for an extended period is perfect! If you receive the special base symbol on the middle reel, the machine on the reels will be killed by a pulse of white light.
Paylines and Stakes
The Matrix is a 50-payline slot game, giving players multiple winning ways. The Matrix slot machine has a betting range of £0.50 to £100.
The Matrix Slot Game Software
Playtech was founded in 1999 in Estonia and has since evolved to become one of the world’s leading online gaming software providers. The team has worked diligently to build a comprehensive product suite that includes online casinos, poker, bingo, live gaming, sports betting, and lottery to serve as a one-stop-shop for gaming operators.
Acquisitions have been critical to the company’s growth, beginning with the 2006 acquisitions of e-marketing and Video bet. More recently, with the additions of Ash Gaming, Sunfox Games, Quickspin, and Eyecon, to name a few.
Simultaneously, they’ve been investing in new technology. Licensees can access over 3,000 in-house and third-party games via the Playtech Open Platform (POP) on any platform or device. Additionally, the corporation powers over 40,000 gaming terminals in betting offices, bingo halls, gaming centres, and arcades.
Playtech employs 5,000 people in 17 countries and is licensed in twenty jurisdictions, including Gibraltar, the United Kingdom, and Malta. It’s challenging to track how many industry honours have been bestowed, especially when new ones continue to arrive. Other popular PlayTech slots include The Mask of Zorro Slot and the following:
- Rocky Slot
- Red Wizard Slot
- Gladiator Slot
- Quest West Slot
- The Perfect Heist Slot
You can play these slots and other famous slots at most online casinos.
What is The Matrix RTP?
The Matrix’s Return To Player (RTP) percentage is 95.15%. Anything between 93 to 95% is considered fair chances.
The Matrix is a video slot game with a medium level of variance, so you may expect to win constantly.
The Matrix slot looks fantastic with all of the film’s animations, dramatic images, and video. This game will show you what the movie is like if you want to know what it’s like. There’s lots of action with three added features.