At inkedin.com, we believe gambling should be an enjoyable experience. However, we recognise that for some, it can become more than just a bit of fun. That’s why we are dedicated to promoting responsible gaming across our platform.
Understanding Problem Gambling
Gambling addiction, also known as compulsive gambling, is a serious disorder that affects approximately 1% of adults worldwide. It is characterised by an inability to control impulses to gamble despite harmful consequences. Problem gamblers may lie to loved ones about how much they gamble, go into debt, or even resort to theft or fraud to fund their addiction.
At inkedin.com, we want everyone to play responsibly. Here are some warning signs that your gambling may be getting out of control:
- You’re preoccupied with gambling and consistently thinking about your next bet. It dominates your thoughts.
- You need to gamble with more and more money to get the same feeling of excitement.
- You become restless or irritable when you try to cut down on your gambling.
- After losing money gambling, you frequently return another day to try and win it back.
- Gambling is causing financial issues, relationship strain, or losses at work or school.
Practicing Responsible Gaming
If you recognise any of these patterns in yourself, it’s important to take steps to get your gambling under control. Here are some tips:
- Set a budget and stick to it. Decide beforehand how much you can afford to spend on gaming in a day or week. Don’t exceed your limit.
- Avoid “chasing losses.” The money you’ve lost is gone; don’t try to win it back. Chasing losses inevitably leads to bigger losses.
- Take regular breaks. Step away from the computer for a few minutes or hours to disrupt your momentum. Eat meals, exercise, and socialize away from the gaming environment.
- Avoid gambling when emotional. Don’t gamble when you’re feeling depressed, anxious, or otherwise emotionally vulnerable. These states can affect your judgment.
- Balance gambling with other hobbies. Don’t let gaming dominate your free time. Maintain interests and relationships unrelated to gambling.
Overcoming problem gambling requires honesty, courage, and support. If you think your gambling is out of control, some options include:
- Reaching out to a friend or loved one who can hold you accountable as you work to cut back.
- Speaking to a counsellor or therapist specialising in addiction treatment.
- Joining a peer support group like Gamblers Anonymous.
- Using software like Gamban to block access to gambling sites and apps.
- Calling the confidential National Gambling Helpline at 0808 8020 133 for guidance.
You don’t have to tackle this alone. Support agents are also happy to discuss responsible gaming practices if you’re concerned about your gambling habits.
Protecting Minors and Vulnerable Groups
At inkedin.com, we take responsible gambling and the protection of minors extremely seriously. All of the UK gambling operators we recommend are licensed by the UK Gambling Commission and have rigorous age verification processes in place.
It is illegal in the UK for anyone under 18 to participate in gambling activities.
In addition, the Gambling Commission’s License Conditions and Codes of Practice strictly prohibit operators from marketing their products in any way that may appeal particularly to those under 18. At inkedin.com, we ensure our content complies with these codes and avoids imagery, games, or themes that may resonate with underage users.
As outlined in our compliance policy, we take proactive steps to guarantee our content is appropriate for adult audiences only. Parents also have tools available to restrict access to gambling content, such as Net Nanny and CyberSitter.
Ensuring minors do not access gambling products is a top priority.
For more tools and information about responsible gaming practices, please see:
- BeGambleAware – Free support and resources for problem gamblers.
- GamCare – Treatment, guidance, and a moderation tool for those with gambling disorders.
- Gamblers Anonymous UK – Peer support fellowship using 12-step principles.
- The National Gambling Helpline – 24/7 phone support and online chat services.
Stay in control of the fun here at inkedin.com. We want your gaming to be safe, positive, and responsible. Don’t hesitate to reach out if you need support along the way.