Dead or Alive Slot

Folks, the sheriff has arrived in the wild west again in a thrilling high variance slot by NetEnt! Dead or Alive gives you access to a night in a small village with an adventure-like scenario.

Because of its unique theme, Dead or Alive has been one of the most talked-about games in the online slots community since its debut back in 2009. Many players consider it a true classic.

This game was inspired by many existing online slots and featured a typical 5×3, 9-payline layout at its introduction. There’s no place else to start if you’re a fan of classic Western films from the golden age of Hollywood than our Dead or Alive slot machine review.

About Dead or Alive Slot Game

Netent has gone all out with this game’s design, as is customary for them. You’ll be transported to a small western village, complete with a dusty floor and wooden structures occupying various plots of land. As the night falls, you assume the job of sheriff, tasked with keeping your community safe from outside threats.

Playing card symbols from 10 – A, given a western design, are featured in this slot. Also, the game’s theme is reflected in the higher-paying symbols, which include a shot of whiskey, cowboy boots, a Stetson, and a pistol holster. The sheriff’s badge offers the best payouts at 100 times your bet in terms of basic symbols. Get five scatters in the base game, and you’ll get about 2500-times-your-bet win right away, no hassle, no fuss.

How to Play Dead or Alive Slots Online

To play this slot like a real cowboy, you’ll need to find a casino that is fitting and place bets that could earn you some money. However, it’s a great tip to understand the gameplay before you decide to spin the reels for real money. Here are steps to follow as you play Dead or Alive:

  • Find Dead or Alive slot at the casino’s slot section and click on it
  • Once the slot’s screen loads, place a bet between 9p to £18
  • Hit the play knob or use the “autoplay” option to automate your spins
  • Look out for matching icons on the reels and hope for a win

Interactive Features      

Like most slots by NetEnt, Dead or Alive deliver some interactive features that make the game friendlier. Below are notable features in this slot:

  • Wild Symbols: The game’s wild symbol will substitute for all other symbols, excluding the Scatters.
  • Scatter Symbols: If you get more than 3 Scatter icons, you win up to 12 Free Spins.
  • Sticky Wild:  The Sticky Wild feature allows the sticky symbols to hold their positions on the reels throughout your free spins round.
  • AutoPlay: For a more relaxed session, you can try the AutoPlay mode of this slot. 

Game Symbols

Cowboy boots with spurs and Stetsons are among the symbols used. There are also sheriff badges and Westernized versions of the letter A, K, and the number 10, as well as whiskey tumblers and gun holsters. If you land five sheriff badges on a payline, you’ll win 111.11 times your total bet.

The ” Wanted ” poster represents all symbols, save the scatter, represented by the “Wanted” poster, which functions as a wild card in the game. For a screen full of wilds, you can win up to 166.66 times your bet. The scatter symbol awards up to 277.77 times your bet if you get five of them anywhere on the screen. Below is the Dead or Alive paytable:

  • 10 icon: 3, 4 or 5 pays 0.22, 1.11 or 2.77 x bet
  • J icon: 3, 4 or 5 pays 0.22, 1.11 or 4.44 x bet
  • Q icon: 3, 4 or 5 pays 0.44, 1.33 or 5.55 x bet
  • K icon: 3, 4 or 5 pays 0.55, 1.66 or 8.33 x bet
  • A icon: 3, 4 or 5 pays 1.11, 2.22 or 11.11 x bet
  • Shot Glass: 3, 4 or 5 pays 1.11, 5.55 or 22.22 x bet
  • Boots: 3, 4 or 5 pays 1.33, 6.66 or 33.33 x bet
  • Hat: 3, 4 or 5 pays 1.66, 8.33 or 44.44 x bet
  • Gun Belt: 3, 4 or 5 pays 2.22, 11.11 or 83.33 x bet
  • Sheriff Badge: 3, 4 or 5 pays 2.22, 13.88 or 111.11 x bet
  • Scatter: 3+ triggers free spins and pays up to 277.77 x bet
  • Wild: Substitutes for all bar the scatter and pays up to 166.66 x

Bonus Features

Indeed, Dead or Alive isn’t the most feature-rich slot game out there, but it does have a handful of special features that will keep you entertained as you spin the reels.

  • Wild feature: The “Wanted” poster serves as the game’s wild symbol, so keep an eye out for it. This symbol show’s up on all of the reels and can be used in place of any regular icon to help you form winning combos.
  • Free Spins: In-game features like Free Spins are a fantastic addition, but the game’s best part is the Free Spins round itself. This can be triggered with three or more scatter symbols anywhere on the reels. Crossed pistols are a symbol for this bonus, and if you manage to land them, you’ll be awarded 12 free spins. During this round, all winning combinations offer you a double payout as a bonus. Making combinations with free spins is a great way to boost your bankroll.
  • Sticky Wilds: Also, during the free spins round, sticky wilds will appear, which you will undoubtedly find pretty enticing. When a wild turn up during the free spins, it remains in place for the duration of that round. A new reward awaits those who continue to use these as substitutes for other symbols. Additional free spins will be given to players who get all the sticky wild bands on each reel. When you get at least one so-called wild line, you’ll win 333 times your bet on each subsequent spin.

What Symbol Triggers Dead or Alive Slot Bonus Free Spins?

Scatter symbols anywhere will initiate the free spins bonus round. You’ll get a total of 12 free spins if you manage to land a pair of crossed pistols in this bonus round.

Paylines and Stakes

Payouts range from 9p to £18 a spin on the game’s nine paylines.

Dead or Alive Slot Software                                                              

Dead or Alive is only one of many slots from NetEnt. Founded in 1996, NetEnt is considered to be the earliest incarnation of online gaming.

The firm’s forebears launched what would become Cherry – one of the first online casinos in existence. In the end, one of the founder’s children would form NetEnt, a company specializing in the development of casino games. When NetEnt was founded in 1996, it was a relatively small company. Still, today it is a publicly-traded company in Sweden and has a large audience on both online and mobile devices.

By 2016, the business had begun to take advantage of the growing popularity of mobile gaming, with slightly under 40% of its revenues coming from mobile platforms. Keeping NetEnt as one of the most forward-thinking and innovative developers in the industry is a safe bet for many years to come.

Related Games

What is Dead or Alive Slot RTP?

There is a 96.82% chance of winning in Dead or Alive. For an online slot, this is extremely high and will return an average of £96.82 for each £100 staked. The casino’s profit margin is merely 3.18%.

Slot Volatility

Dead or Alive is a high-volatility slot machine. Big victories aren’t as often, but when they do happen, they can be extremely lucrative. Just over a third of all spins will yield a winning combination, with a hit frequency of 30.4%.

Summary                                                                                    

The Dead or Alive slot machine was released in 2009, but it is still one of the most successful online slots yet. Try out this NetEnt offering if you’re up for a high variance game.

sarah lunness

About Sarah Lunness

Sarah is an internet journalist that specialises in bingo, casino and igaming. She is in charge of inkedin's bingo and online casino divisions, she enjoys keeping up with the newest developments in the industry since she sees it as a continual source of inspiration.