When people think of an Asian-themed online slot game, what usually comes to mind is Ancient China with cherry blossoms and lotus flowers. This game draws its theme from the Japanese Sumo Wrestlers. Sumo Wrestling is a hugely popular sport in Japan and this unique slot combines all the whimsy of the sport with a slew of cash prizes, bonus features, extra features, and more for a true one-of-a-kind gaming experience. Sumo Spins features 20 fixed paylines as well as wild symbols, a respins feature, free spins, and many more fun and interactive bonuses to keep players interested and their pockets full of amazing payouts.
In this Sumo Spins Slot Review, we will discuss how to win real money on this online slot. Also, we will look at the game features, how it ranks against other slot machines and casino games, and many more.
About Sumo Spins Slot Game
Sumo Spins is a unique slot game designed by Red Tiger, which also produces slots such as Stage888. It is a Japanese-themed slot game, and the gameplay is set in a sumo wrestler ring which is different from how other slots look. The reels are set up on the mats in the ring while mats for viewers are set outside the ring.
The reels are set in a 5×4 manner with five reels and four rows and the game features 20 fixed paylines. The symbols on the reels range from traditional playing cards to some special themed symbols to match the game. The music playing in the background can be easily recognized as traditional Japanese music. The player is made to feel like a spectator at a sumo match.
The game features all the classic online slot machines from wild symbols to bonus spins and a respins feature. Like many other online casinos, the game features special characters in the form of sumo wrestlers or Rikishi. These cartoon-like characters herald bonuses and special features to the reels.
The graphics of the game are well designed with slight elements of comedy to keep players entertained while they fill their pockets.
How to Play Sumo Spins Slots Online
Below are simple steps to play and enjoy the Sumo Spins slot
- The bottom of the reels features most of the relevant buttons needed.
- First, players can set their stake with the stake button from 0.20 to 100 per spin.
- The autoplay or autospin option is also located at the bottom of the screen to give players from 10 to 100 automatic spins, as well as the turbo feature.
- The yellow spin button is located at the bottom as well.
- The sound adjustment buttons and the paytable menu can be found at the top of the screen.
- Players must land at least three identical symbols on a payline in order to win.
- Special symbols like wilds can be formed and will be discussed further in the interactive features segment.
Sumo Spins is one of many mobile game video slots developed by Red Tiger and so it can be played on all mobile devices, desktop,s and laptops. These include devices powered by Android, Apple, and Windows operating systems.
Some of the interactive features found in this slot game include the following.
Bonus games – the bonus games feature is triggered by two or more of the sumo characters landing on the reels. This leads to the game for extra spins. The bonus game can only be triggered once and the number of rounds a player gets within the game is random.
Slot Symbols – the lowest paying symbols in this slot are the card symbols which include the club, diamond, heart, and spade which pay 4x, 8x, and 20x the player’s initial deposit. The next set of symbols are:
- The basket of rice symbol pays 8x, 16x, and 32x the initial stake.
- The fan symbol pays 12x, 24x, and 48x the initial stake.
- The pail of water symbol gives 16x, 32x, and 60x the initial stake.
- The bowl of sushi symbol gives 20x, 40x, and 120x the initial stake.
- The envelope of cash symbol gives 32x, 60x, and 300x the initial stake.
- Red Rishiki– This sumo wrestler slams down on the reels to nudge them. His nudging may not always guarantee a winning combination, though.
- Blue Rishiki– This blue clad wrestler performs his Power Roll across the screen, giving players a guaranteed win every time.
- Green Rishiki– This wrestler is much larger than his counterparts and gives the best bonus feature of the three. When he slams down on the mat, he rewards players with respins.
- Wild symbols– If two or more of these Rishiki land on the reels together, they become wild in the bonus game for free spins. They perform the function of wild symbols and substitute for any symbols on the reels, helping to land winning combinations.
- Autoplay and fast play options are also available.
What Symbol Triggers Sumo Spins Slot Bonus Free Spins?
The bonus free spins option or Sumo Showdown is triggered by two or more of the Rishiki landing on the reels. The player can win from 10 to 20 extra spins, which are also a fantastic benefit.
Paylines and Stakes
The minimum amount a player can deposit is 0.20 while the maximum stake is 100. Also, the base game includes 20 fixed paylines.
Sumo Spins Slot Game Software
Sumo Spins Slots is manufactured and powered by Red Tiger Gaming, which is known for its slots like Spin Town. Red Tiger is a game-providing company based out of Europe and Asia with their home base set in the UK. The company was founded in 2014 and, since then, has been responsible for some of the most popular and most played slot games. Some of their most popular titles include Thor’s Lightning, Temple of Gold, and Lions Dance. The company has won multiple awards for its game designs and distribution and is made up of a team of professionals who are passionate about slot game designing.
What is Sumo Spins Slots RTP?
Sumo Spins Slots has an RTP of 96.13%. This is about average for a slot game of its kind. RTP stands for Return to Player percentage and is a number that lets players know what percent of their initial stake they can expect to get back.
Sumo Spins Slots is a medium volatility slot. Slot volatility of variance refers to the chances that players have of winning and how large or small the payout will be if they do. Volatility discusses the risk and rewards aspect of slot games.
A slot with high volatility means that there is a lower chance of winning but the jackpot price is high. A slot with low volatility entails the opposite. While there is a wide range of probability between the two, medium volatility slots are a safe middle where the jackpot prizes are not insanely huge but not neglectable and the chances of winning are not too often but not impossible.
Sumo Spins is a slot game filled with fun features and interactive gameplay that keeps players interested. It is another display of Red Tiger’s ability to design unique and beautiful slots games. The graphics design and setting are well done and quite immersive.
Among slot machine games, Asian themes are not uncommon but this game takes a twist on the popular with a super sumo theme. The game’s bonus rounds, quirky characters, and other additional features all work to its advantage to make it worth playing.
While the game does not include a scatter symbol or progressive jackpots, these lacks do not take away from the gaming experience at all. Players are able to stay immersed while being entertained by the antics of the cartoon Rishiki. The cash prizes and payouts are decent and the deposit amounts are easily affordable with a good range for all types of players.
Sumo Spins is a top-notch slot game that is highly recommended for any slot players looking for something fun and light-hearted but still offering prizes worth playing for and betting on.