Table of Contents
If you’re a fan of space war games that were rampant in the early 2000s, then you’d find this video slot designed by Microgaming both fascinating and nostalgic. The sci-fi universe is filled with colours and plastic-looking robots and drones that fill up the reels. It’s up to you to take on the impending invasion of these robots and drones and save the planet from mass destruction. The sci-fi themed slot has the traditional 5 by 3 grid and 25 paylines.
In the slot game, you’d be fighting off hostile drones to get your rewards and although it’s not a very modern game, there are hordes of cash to be won. The retro graphics from Microgaming still work seamlessly without a hitch and there are features to look out for like the free spins round, bonus games and many other interesting features. The payouts in the slot games reach a maximum of 4,000 coins.
About Drone Wars Slot Game
Drone Wars slot is a space-themed/sci-fi slot game with a 5 by 3 layout and 25 paylines. The game was released in the year 2011 and had its last update in 2016. Even with its update, the retro theme of the intergalactic game has been retained to give the feeling of nostalgia when you’re playing. As expected, the background is set against space, and the soundtrack that accompanies it is generic. You’d find a lot of colours on the reels against the solid black background.
You’d find several bonus features in the game, including the wild symbol feature, the scatter symbol, which leads to the free spins round, the space attack bonus game and the planetary assault bonus game. The whole screen to the game looks like the screen and controls of a spaceship, and besides the seamless gameplay and nostalgic feel, there are other features in the video slot to be enjoyed, so let’s get into it.
How To Play Drone Wars Slot Online
Drone Wars slot can be played on your favourite online casinos that support the Microgaming software, which also supports slots such as EmotiCoins. Most preferably, you should already have an account with the online casino by web or on the casino’s mobile app.
- Log on to the online casino of your choice using a web browser on your laptop or mobile device and sign in to your casino account.
- In the slot games column, search for the Drone Wars slot and click on it
- Once the interface comes on, click on play, before you launch into the game proper, you should go through the rules of the game and paytable in the menu bar.
- You’d find controls on the screen of the game like the autoplay, bet max, bet min, coins and lines
- To start spinning, select your bet and also the value of the coins you’re using. You can adjust these using the + or – signs.
- Your total credit option will be showing on the bottom left of the screen and you can tap the lines button to pick what lines you’d be betting on
- After you’ve picked what lines you’d be betting on and your stake has been set, click on the spins button to begin playing manually.
The autoplay feature is also on the left of the screen, and if you want automatic spins, this is the button to tap. When you click on it, you’d see a + and – sign which you can use to increase or decrease the number of automatic spins you want. The autoplay can go a minimum of 5 spins and a maximum of 500 spins. You can choose to spin until you stop, which means the reels will keep spinning until you stop them or run out of funds.
All lines will pay from left to right, and you can play the Drone Wars slot on your laptops and mobile devices. Your mobile device can have a mobile casino application for easier access to the game and playing on the go. The most compatible of these mobile devices include Android and iOS devices. Some slot games also work on mobile devices like smartwatches.
Also, you can play the game on your desktops or laptops if the flash is supported and what you’d need is a web browser and most preferably will work with a Windows operating system or a macOS.
Drone Wars slot is a sci-fi/spaced themed slot machine, with various war drones and space crew present. The gameplay will make you feel like you’re in the middle of space war, and amongst the more serious space symbols, you’d also find the playing card icons on the reels.
As expected, the paytable features both low-paying symbols and high-paying symbols. The low paying symbols are the playing card icons, and the high-paying symbols are reserved for the space crew. The symbols payout in this order:
- The “10” playing card – pays 2 coins, 5 coins, 25 coins or 100 coins on landing 2, 3, 4, or 5 of it on an active payline.
- The “J” playing card – pays 10 coins, 25 coins or 100 coins on 3, 4 or 5 of them
- The “Q” playing card – pays 10 coins, 50 coins or 150 coins
- The “K” playing card – pays 15 coins. 50 coins or 150 coins on landing 3, 4 or 5
- The “A” playing card – pays 15 coins. 75 coins or 150 coins
- The space gun – pays 15 coins, 75 coins or 250 coins
- The space rocket – pays 20 coins, 100 coins or 500 coins
- The Space crew with a red helmet – pays 20 coins, 250 coins or 750 coins on landing 3, 4 or 5 of it on an active payline
- The Space screw with a purple helmet – pays 20 coins, 250 coins or 750 coins
- The UFO – pays 50 coins, 500 coins or 1000 coins on landing 3, 4 or 5
- The purple energy ball: pays 2 coins, 100 coins, 750 coins or 1,000 coins on landing 2, 3, 4 or 5 of the symbol on an active payline.
You’d find a wild symbol, a scatter symbol and a drone symbol, all of which are bonus symbols that trigger bonus games and also increase the winning chances of a player.
Drone Wars slot has special features that will help players enjoy the game better and also increase their potential winnings. These special features include:
- The Wild Symbol: This is represented by the purple energy ball and is also one of the highest paying symbols that pay for landing as small as two on active payline. The symbol substitutes for any other symbol except the bonus symbols in a winning combination.
- The Scatter Symbol: This is represented by a round scatter symbol and landing 3 or more of these will trigger free spins.
- Space Attack Bonus Game: This is also triggered by landing the scatter symbols and the player is awarded 5 free spins. Drones will attack symbols on each free spin and the symbols destroyed will be turned into a wild symbol. All wins are paid after all drones are destroyed and landing 3 or more of the scatter symbol before the drones attack will retrigger and give additional free spins. The lines played and coins bet will remain the same as the game that triggered the bonus game.
- Planetary Assault: Also triggered by the Scatters symbol, the player will try to destroy the drone base and the player will select the drone base to destroy. For each drone base destroyed, you will be awarded coins and if some drones counter-attack and destroy all player’s shield, the game will end. If the player can destroy 20 drones before losing all shields, the player will win the game and get a cash prize of 50x your bet.
What Symbol Triggers Drone Wars Slot Bonus Free Spins?
The sci-fi themed game has a free spins bonus feature which is triggered by the round scatters symbols. Landing 3 or more of it on active paylines will result in free spins.
Paylines and Stakes
Drone Wars slot has 25 paylines you can bet on and the winning combinations pay from left to right. You can bet a minimum of 0.01 coins and as high as 100 coins. This means there is something for both low-rollers and high-rollers.
Drone Wars Slot Game Software
Drone Wars is a Microgaming-powered video slot, which has also produced slots such as Dino Might. Microgaming has been around for over two decades and has created over 850 casino games available to players worldwide. Licensed by the Malta Gaming Authority and United Kingdom Gambling Commission, the developer is one of the most trusted software providers and have been at the forefront of the online gambling industry for years. Some of their games include:
- Mermaid Millions
- Mega Moolah
- Game Of Thrones
- Wheel Of Fortune
- Candy Dreams
You can play these and other popular slots at most online casinos.
What is Drone Wars Slot RTP?
The slot has a high return to player rate of 95.99%. This is quite on the low side when compared to other Microgaming video slots
Drone Wars is a medium volatility game. This means you’ll get regular chances at winnings.
Drone Wars is an online slot that gives a retro and nostalgic feel to fans of space war games and sci-fi movies. However, the slot’s RTP is a bit on the low side compared to other slots from Microgaming. This downside is compensated for when its volatility is examined. Also, it comes with several impressive features to help in all your wins and is recommended for all players, both new and experienced.