Dogfather slot is a slot game made in the likeness of the mafia world but in a more comical way – featuring dogs. The online slot game is designed and developed by Microgaming and uses five reels, three rows and twenty paylines with comical icons related to the theme. If you’re a fan of the godfather movie featuring Don Corleone, you might also fall in love with this slot. Microgaming backend technology ensures the graphics and other features incorporated into the slot game run seamlessly.
The reels of the Dogfather slot game has been designed to look like a downtown apartment building, and scattered on the reels are symbols including cigar cutters, revolvers, knuckledusters, toys stuffed with money, gloves, henchdogs, guard dogs, Dog Gumars and the Dogfather. You’d find bonus features like free spins, wild symbols and a bonus game titled Mark your Territory bonus game. The maximum jackpot wins to be realized in this slot game is 37,500 coins when using the maximum bet.
Like in every other online casino game, such as Exotic Cats, the betting range has something for both low-rollers and high-rollers, and the coin bet range is 0.01 to 5. Also, the RTP and volatility promise decent returns and at regular intervals. In this Dogfather slot review, we’d see in detail the comical and fascinating visuals to the online slot machine, its payouts, how to play the game, the RTP, betting range, volatility and software provider, amongst others.
About Dogfather Slot Game
Dogfather slot is a 5 by 3 grid slot with 20 paylines and a host of comical symbols to give exciting gameplay. The slot is based on the likeness of the Mafia underworld, like the movie, the godfather, and it sees all the action going on in the slot game centred around dogs. Dogfather’s opening interface is that of a huge mean-looking bulldog smoking a Cuban cigar in a blue and red circle frame. Accompanying the opening visuals is a jazz tune that corresponds with graphics flash.
As you continue, you’re shown the paytable, which includes all the symbols you’d encounter during the game and how much they payout. On the bottom of the screen, you’d find controls and displays to aid your gameplay, and these buttons take the shape of either a briefcase or a dog bone. These controls and displays include your credits bar on your far left, showing the total amount you have left. This is followed by the + or – buttons, which help in adjusting your stakes on a spin.
Following the + or – buttons are the lines button to show you the active paylines, followed by the coins button to select out of your coin denominations, then a bet max button to hit the maximum bet and of course, the spin button to start playing. The symbols you’d find on the reels, which is set against a background showing a downtown apartment building include cigar cutters, revolvers, knuckledusters, toys stuffed with money, gloves, henchdogs, guard dogs, Dog Gumars and the Dogfather.
These symbols have varying payouts, and the lowest of them is the gloves symbol which pays out 2, 10 or 60 coins on landing 3, 4 or 5 of it on the reels, followed by the knuckledusters that 3, 20 or 70 coins, then the cigar cutter that pays 4, 30 or 80 coins on landing 3, 4 or 5 of them respectively on an active payline. The next in line is the Bear stuffed with money which pays 5 coins, 40 coins or 90 coins on landing 3, 4 or 5 of the symbols on the reels, then the Revolver, which gives on landing 3, 4 or 5 of it on an active payline, a payout of 6, 50 or 100 coins.
There’s the mean-looking henchdogs which give a payout of 8, 75 or 200 coins on landing 3, 4 or 5 on an active payline. The security guard dog that pays 10, 100 or 300 coins, next comes the dog father paying out 12 coins, 120 coins or 450 coins on landing 3, 4 or 5 of it on the reels, and lastly, the Dog Gumars symbol is the highest paying symbol in the base game and pays out 15 coins, 150 coins or 900 coins on landing 3, 4 or 5 of it on an active payline.
You’d also observe bonus symbols and a special symbol which will help in getting more wins. There is the wild symbol represented by the Dogfather with the Cuban Cigar and the scatter symbol represented by the Itchy Da Fleas symbol. The RTP promises decent returns, and its volatility ensures those decent returns are gotten at regular intervals. The other special symbol you might observe on the reels is the Hydrants which unlocks more extra features.
How to Play Dogfather Slots Online
To play the Dogfather video slot is quite easy as there is no new strategy to it as in other common slot type video games. For both old and new players, you can access the Mafia-themed game through the following steps.
- Choose out of your favourite online casinos and log on through your web browser on your laptops and phones or through the casino’s mobile app.
- Search for the Dogfather slot in the casino slot games, click on play and wait for the interface to come on
- When the game comes on, you’d see first the interface and you can click on the play button. This is where you can launch into the Mafia dog world and become familiar with the symbols and paytable
- The next step will be to pick the desired amount of money to be placed as a bet after your deposit. Your bet amount can be increased or decreased using the + and – buttons you’d find on the screen.
- You can then spin the reels of the online casino game when you’ve specified the amount you want. On the spin options, you can either choose to use the autoplay button or use the spin button which will only give you one spin. But with the autoplay button, you can specify the number of spins you want the reels to go for, which could be up to 100.
- Your winnings can be accessed on the payout/banking page where you can pick your most preferable methods to withdraw your wins and deposit bonus if any.
- You can also check out the winning combinations and the amount paid on matching combinations in the help menu.
The game can be accessed on different devices as it has high compatibility with your desktop device and smartphones. The five-reel, 20-payline slot game works with iOS, Android, tablet, iPads, as well as many other devices.
Dogfather slot comes with a number of interactive features which include the autoplay feature and the minimum and maximum bet button. To make things even more interesting, there are a number of bonus features to look out for when playing and these include:
- The Wild Symbol: This is represented by the Dogfather with a Cuban Cigar and helps to replace all other symbols except the other bonus symbols to complete a winning combination. This dogfather with the Cuban Cigar can give a payout on landing as little as two of it on the reels and 2 of the symbols pays 13 coins. You’d get a payout of 130 coins, 1300 coins and 13000 coins on landing 3, 4 or 5 of it anywhere on the reels.
- The Scatter Symbol: This is represented by the Itchy Da Fleas symbol and also gives a payout when landed on the reels. Landing 3, 4 or 5 of the symbols on the reels will give 13 free spins which can be retriggered when the symbol lands again during the free spins round. Itchy Da Fleas will give a payout of 5, 10 or 100 coins on landing 3, 4 or 5 of it anywhere on the reels.
- The Mark Your Territory Bonus: This is triggered when 3, 4 or 5 hydrant symbols are landed anywhere on the reels. This bonus gives added cash prizes as you get to pick a number of hydrants from the 12 that will appear on the game screen when the bonus is triggered. There are cash prizes to be won from the Hydrants picked.
What Symbol Triggers Dogfather Slot Bonus Free Spins?
The free spins bonus of the Dogfather slot is triggered by the Scatter symbol which is represented by Itchy Da Fleas symbol and players get at least 20 free spins which can be retriggered.
Paylines and Stakes
Dogfather Slot allows for as low as 0.01 coin to be wagered on the game and for as high as 50 coins. The coin denominations also range from 0.01 to 5. There are 20 paylines you can bet on, and all winning combinations pay from left to right.
Dogfather Slot Game Software
Dogfather Slot is powered by Microgaming software. Microgaming is the forerunner in online casino games and mobile casino games, as they’ve been around for over twenty years. It has been at the forefront of innovative and amazing games ranging from slot games to table games. Microgaming has over 850 slot titles to its name and is licensed and regulated by the United Kingdom Gambling Commission. Some of their other slots worth checking out include Mystic Wheels, Game Of Thrones, Thunderstruck I & II, Immortal Romance, Mega Moolah, and Mermaid Millions and others.
What is Dogfather Slots RTP?
The RTP for Dogfather slot is 95.52%. This is a tad bit below the average of 96% to 97% but it’s still a decent rate of returns for the players. With an RTP of 95.52%, players can expect 95.52 coins back on average for every 100 coins spent.
Dogfather slot has a medium level variance which is an equal opportunity of winning both in the base game and in the bonus rounds. Also, wins can be expected at regular intervals.
Dogfather slot is a comical slot made in the likeness of the Mafia-themed movie, Godfather. It has exciting gameplay and promises decent returns to players. There are also enough bonus features to help players achieve more winnings; hence it recommended for both beginners and veterans.