Cryptocurrency Gaming Sees Three-Fold Rise According To SoftSwiss

Cryptocurrency gaming saw a three-fold rise in traffic during 2020 according to a SoftSwiss Game Aggregator 2020 corporate survey.

The report found that, accounting for more than 90 percent of traffic, bitcoin was the dominant cryptocurrency. Ethereum and litecoin, meanwhile, made up the remaining 10 percent, followed respectively in second and third place.

New crypto payment methods

Andrey Starovoitov, COO at SoftSwiss said: “The absolute and relative value of cryptocurrency gambling traffic has increased threefold in 2020, compared to 2019.

“Bitcoin is no longer exotic. In the coming years, we expect to see even more gaming studios supporting cryptocurrencies in their games, as well as casino operators integrating new crypto payment methods for their players.”

Statistics from SoftSwiss Game Aggregator showed that the use of cryptocurrencies has increased globally, with particular growth in Canada, Latin America and Russia.

Increasing interest in crypto gambling

The study concluded that cryptocurrency’s increasingly growing popularity as a means of payment contributes to an increasing interest in crypto gambling, a market formerly controlled by fiat.

The use of cryptocurrency is enabled by more than 3,000 games on the SoftSwiss Game Aggregator site, which can be applied to any gaming software platform through an API integration explained by the provider.

The most recent company to join forces with SoftSwiss was Real Dealer Studios, which will see the game maker making its entire suite of titles available to operators operated by the SoftSwiss network.