Circa Resort & Casino, the first Downtown Las Vegas resort to be built from the ground up for a while, has this week revealed its dining lineup as the property is under construction and on track to be completed on time for a scheduled launch in 2020.
Circa will deliver a diverse range of restaurants that will feature five exclusive concepts when it opens doors to guests and tourists, with menus curated by top chefs and owners who are all well known and respected both locally and globally.
Each of the five designs to feature in the new hotel and casino resort will be entirely new to Las Vegas, property managers said.
The restaurants at Circa are to include:
- Saginaw’s Delicatessen from famed Detroit restaurateur Paul Saginaw, one of the masterminds behind the iconic Zingerman’s on Ann Arbor in Detroit. Saginaw’s menu will include his famous Reuben sandwich as well as several other sandwiches he is known for. The outlet will also serve matzo ball soup, onion rings, salads, latkes, and breakfast specialties, among others. This will be Saginaw’s first restaurant outside Michigan.
- Barry’s Downtown Prime from Chef Barry S. Dakake will deliver steaks and seafood, fresh tableside preparations, and unique cocktails.
- Victory Burger & Wings Co. from American Coney Island’s Chris Sotiropoulos and Grace Keros. The sports bar’s menu will deliver all gameday staples a sports fan could think of, including specialty burgers, wings, and appetizers. Guests will be able to watch sports via TVs around the outlet and will also be offered excellent views of the gigantic three-story screen in Circa’s planned sports betting facility.
- 8 East will be the first pan-Asian restaurant from Chef Dan Coughlin. It will serve Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Vietnamese, and Thai meals.
- Project BBQ from Chef Rex Bernales will be the first permanent food truck and Carolina barbecue joint on Fremont Street Experience, part of which the new Circa resort will be. The outlet will serve gourmet smoked brisket, pork, chicken, and many more.
Circa hit the halfway mark in its construction process in December, ensuring that the hotel and casino resort, as originally planned, will be on schedule to open doors in December 2020. In February 2019, construction workers broke ground on the project and poured the first foundation of the building during April that same year.
Circa is the first casino resort since the early 1980s to be built in downtown Las Vegas from ground up.
The complex will include a hotel with 777 rooms and 60 suites, a casino with 1,350 slot machines and 49 table games, an outdoor pool area, restaurants and bars, and a variety of entertainment options until fully operational.
Circa will also offer a unique concept for sportsbooks, as sports betting has been and is about to make waves across the US. According to CEO and developer Derek Stevens, Circa Sports, the brand under which the wagering facility at the resort will operate, will be the largest sportsbook in the world.
The three-story sportsbook features a high-definition screen of 78 million pixels, “the largest in history,” and will have a viewing capacity of 1,000 people.