The Racing Post To Return To Print June 1

The Racing Post has announced that, on 1 June, it will restore its print format and nationwide distribution of its newspaper, coinciding with the beginning of the UK season.

The Racing Post has suspended its printing activities since 26 March, as the racing publishing company adapted the COVID-19 pandemic to global market disruptions.

Racing Post published news and updates across its digital platforms during ‘downtime,’ keeping racing stakeholders up-to – date on the fallout and resumption of sports in various markets.

The British Horseracing Authority (BHA) published a ‘provisional three-month schedule’ (June-to-August) concluding the Bank Holiday weekend, announcing its fixture plan for 292 meetings.

The BHA has announced that UK racing will resume at Newcastle on 1 June, followed by Kempton Park meetings.

As four British Classics and Royal Ascot remain unchanged by the timetable, an 
optimistic Racing Post told its readers to expect top summer of racing. 

Racing Post editor Tom Kerr said: “It’s been an incredibly difficult two months for all those involved with racing on these shores. The temporary halt in production of the newspaper in March was something no one could have predicted earlier in the year but I’m delighted to say we are coming back better than ever.

“The team at Racing Post is prepared for the resumption of racing, and although it will be in a new world to the one we left behind we’re excited to be part of it.

“It’s been a pleasure to work with the talented team here on the plans for bringing the print newspaper back – no small task under the current circumstances – and I can’t wait to get my hands on that first print edition.

“We all love newspapers, and we know that for many of our customers there’s no substitute to the feel and experience of a print Racing Post as their daily guide to this great sport.”