BETFEST, the first-ever consumer festival for US sports bettors, will take place this month and will provide fans with a rare opportunity to hone their betting skills, find a new profession, and talk sports with people from all over the world.
The online gathering, which will take place on May 15, 2021, is a completely new concept that captures the excitement of the legal sports betting industry’s rapid growth and teaches fans how to take advantage of all of the opportunities it provides.
Attendees should expect a great blend of entertainment and education, including the following:
- A “fireside chat” featuring Joe Asher, former CEO of William Hill US, and Zach Leonsis, SVP of Strategic Initiatives for Monumental Sports and Entertainment (owners of the Washington Wizards and Capitals), discussing how the Capital One Arena became the first professional sports complex in the nation to offer sports betting to the public.
- A host of content that will reveal everything they need to know to become a better bettor, from basic information for novices about the different bet types to the strategies used by successful pro bettors such as Bill Krackomberger, Frank Betti, and Captain Jack Andrews.
- The BETFEST Career Fair, where they can discover the career opportunities available in sports betting and what it takes to get a job in one of the country’s fastest-growing industries. Alongside the Jobs Fair and the chance to network with industry professionals, attendees can hear advice from experts such as Penn Interactive’s Director of People & Culture Allison Bassman, FanDuel’s Chief People Officer Lainie Cooney, and George Diemer of Temple University’s School of Sport, Tourism and Hospitality Management.
- Advice on how to ensure sports betting remains fun, little tricks to stay in control when gambling, and tips on how to set effective limits that protect the bankroll.
- The inside track on the best bets and most exciting match-ups in the NBA playoffs from speakers including The Athletic’s Senior NBA Writer Joe Vardon and Jeff Sherman, VP of Risk Management at Westgate Resorts.
- Exploring how sports betting works, as industry insiders detail everything from how lines are created and what it takes for them to move, to the product innovations shaping the future of wagering. Hear from experts such as Doug Kezirian of ESPN’s Daily Wager, Aubrey Levy of theScore, Johnny Avello of DraftKings, Art Manteris of Station Casinos, Geoff Reiss of Yahoo! Sports, and Joseph Solosky of NASCAR.
A free copy of The Logic Of Sports Betting, co-authored by BETFEST speaker Ed Miller and renowned sports modeller Matthew Davidow, will be given to all attendees.
SBC is partnering with SeventySix Capital Sports Advisory to put on BETFEST.
Sue Schneider, SBC’s VP of Growth and Strategy for the Americas, stated: “BETFEST is a brand new event that will bring together a community of sports fans and bettors for a day of entertainment and education, which will leave them better informed about sports betting, how to enjoy it, and even how to make a career in this booming industry.”
SeventySix Capital Sports Advisory’s Managing Director, Evan Davis, said: “We’re excited to partner with SBC in bringing BETFEST to sports betting enthusiasts across the U.S. Whether you’re a sharp bettor or someone learning the difference between a moneyline and point spread wager, BETFEST will unquestionably be a rewarding and fun experience.”